: 15-30 mins
5-6 - Potato/alu
1 - onion
2 - tomato
1 inch - ginger
2 cloves - garlic
1 - green chilli
1/2 tsp - turmeric powder
1/2 tbsp - chilli powder
Salt to taste
2 sticks - cinnamon (Dal Chini)
3 - cloves
1 - bay leaf
2 tbsp - oil Method
- Boil the potato, peel and cube.
- Blend onion, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, green chillies to make a paste.
- Fry in oil with cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves.
- After 5 mins add salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well till masala becomes light brown in colour.
- Add the potato cubes to the masala and stir well.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.