15 to 20 drumsticks, cut into 75 mm (3”) long pieces
1 cup mustard (rai / sarson) oil
1 tbsp chilli powder
2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tbsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
salt to taste
1. Wash and steam the drumstick pieces in a steamer. Drain and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a kadhai till its smoking point and keep aside.
3. When slightly cool, add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and mustard seed, mix well and sauté on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Remove from the flame add the salt and drumstick pieces and mix well.
5. Store at room temperature for 5 days and use as required.