2 - 3 green chillies
1/4 cup coriander leaves
1/4 cup bengal gram divide (chana dal)
8 - 10 garlic flakes
4 tblsp oil
3 medium sized tomatoes
1/2 tblsp cumin powder
1/4 cup red kidney beans (rajma)
1 tblsp red chilli powder
2 medium size onions
1 tblsp kasoori methi
3 tblsp butter
1/2 cup black gram divide (urad dal)
salt to taste
How to make dhabey di dal :
- Clean, wash and soak urad dal, chana dal and kidney beans in sufficient water for at least six hours.
- Take off and finely cut onion and garlic.
- Wash, take off stem and finely cut green chillies.
- Wash and finely cut tomatoes.
- Wash and cut coriander leaves.
- Remove soaked dals, mix in six cup water and pressure-stir fry for half an hour or until the dals are completely cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat up oil in a pan, mix in cut garlic, stir-fry briefly till golden brown.
- Mix in cut onion, slit green chillies and stir fry for four to five minutes or until the onion is golden brown in colour.
- Mix in red chilli powder, cumin powder and stir-fry briefly.
- Mix in cut tomatoes and stir fry on high flame heat up for three to four minutes, stirring continuously.
- Stir in the cooked dals and grease and mix well.
- Mix in salt, cut coriander leaves and stir fry dal for ten minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Crush kasoori methi between the palms, sprinkle on the dals and serve hot.