Recipe Dal Tikki - Baked patty from leftover Dal

chief

Prime VIP

Dal tikki is a lentil patty, made using leftover Moong Dal and mixed with chickpea flour and Indian spices, baked to make crispy savory snack.

Ingredients

• 1 cup Yellow moong dal (cooked )
  • 3-4 heaped tbsp Chickpea flour (Besan)
  • Salt just a little
  • 1small onion chopped
  • A pinch of Hing (asafoetida)
  • 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
  • 1/2 tsp Amchoor powder (optional)
  • Chopped coriander leaves 2-3 tbsp
  • Mint leaves 4-5 leaves (Optional)
  • 1 tbsp of dried pomegranate seeds or Annardana (optional)
  • Water 2-3 tbsp more or less

Method

• Take the cooked dal, which is cooled properly.Mix all the ingredients and add 2-3 tbsp of water to make a smooth dough like preparation.
  • Depending upon the consistency of dal you are using, you might need more or less water. The idea is to bring together all the ingredients, and you should be able to take a lump of this mixture and shape it in a patty.
  • If the dough is too tight, add some water, if too soft, add some more besan
  • Shape the remaining dough into small patties and arrange these on a greased baking tray maintaining some distance between each patty.
  • Brush some oil on the surface of each patty and grill/ bake till brown. I grilled these in Grill mode of my Microwave/convection oven for nearly 18 minutes.There wasn’t any need to turn over and bake on another side of the patty. The cooking time and temperature may vary from Oven to Oven.)
  • You can shallow fry or deep fry the tikkis.
  • Enjoy with Ketchup or chutney or your choice.

Mandeep Kaur Guraya

MAIN JATTI PUNJAB DI ..
wow.....really yummy :bhukh tfs is nu vekh ke mainu yaad aaya ki main leftover chawal da prantha bnaandi han..let me share that recipe :-?