Dahi Wale Paneer
Paneer: 250 gms : chopped to even sized cubes
Powdered masalas: 2 tsp: dhania, jeera, red chilli, turmeric
Whole masalas ground to a fine powder: 2 tsp: cloves, cinamon stick, badi & choti elaichi
salt: according to taste:
sugar: 2 tsp
Bay leaf: 2 nos
Curd: enough to cover the paneer in a bowl (main part of the marinate)
cream: 100 ml
chopped onions: 2 nos: medium sized
chopped coriander: 1 tbsp
ginger – garlic paste: 2 tsp
Cumin seeds: 2 tsp
1. In bowl, mix curd, paneer, 1/2 of all powdered masalas, salt, sugar.
2. Cover the bowl with a plastic cover or foil and let it marinate in a fridge for 5-6 hours.
3. After 5-6 hours, remove the paneer from the fridge and set it outside at room temperature for 15 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a kadai, add jeera, ginger – garlic paste, chopped onion and fry them till the paste loses its raw smell and the onion are brown in colour.
5. Add the marinated paneer to the kadai, the ground whole masalas, bay leaf, remaining powdered masalas to the paneer and cook at low flame with lid closed for atleast 25-30 minutes.
6. Cook till the raw smell of the spices is gone and the oil seperates out of the gravy.
7. Once cooked, (switch off the flame) add cream and chopped coriander to the paneer and mix well.
8. Serve hot with phulkas or like me eat it as it is like a starter