- 1/2 c dal
- 1 c Masoor daal
- 1/2 ginger, garilc paste
- 1/4 tsp haldi
- salt to your taste
- 2 tbsp chopped Dhanyia
- 4 whole red chilli crushed
- Oil for deep frying.
- Wash the dal & soak for 1/2 hour.
- In a pot combine daal,water, haldi, ginger garilc paste & salt.
- Bring it to the boil & cook until water has completely evaporated from the the daal & it is left dry.
- Remove from heat & allow to cool.
- .Add the dhaniya & roast the red chilli & mix that too to the daal.
- Divide you dough into ping pong size balls.
- Divide the daal in the same manner but a bit smaller balls.
- Make holes in each dough ball & fill them with daal mixture then close it from the top.
- Return to the ball shape again with the palm of both hands.
- Roll out each ball like a puri but a bit thicker.
- Heat oil & fry the puries (they will bloat up ) until golden on both sides.
- Strain of the access oil.
- Sprinkle with some kala namak or chaat masala & serve hot with tea.