| | Daal makhni
- 1 cup Whole Black Gram
- 2 tsp Split Bengal Gram
- 2 tsp Kidney Beans
- 4 Tomatoes (pureed)
- 1 inch piece of Ginger
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Whole Dry Red Chilllies (soaked for 15 minutes)
- 3 tsp Ghee
- 2 tsp Dhania (coriander powder)
- 1 tsp Butter
- ½ Garam Masala
- Fresh Cream beaten well and mixed with ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 5 cups Water Salt to taste
- Soak kidney beans, black gram and split Bengal Gram together in a pressure cooker for six hours.
- Grind ginfer, garlic and dry red chilies together to a paste.
- Drain out all water from the pulses and add six cups of fresh water.
- Pressure cook with 1 tsp ghee, salt and half of the ginger-garlic paste. After the first whistle, reduce the flame and cook for about 45 minutes. Remove from fire.
- Open the cooker and mash the contents.
- Prepare the tadka (tempering) with tomatoes, leftover ginger-garlic paste, garam masala and coriander powder. Add this to the dal.
- Add butter and simmer on low flame for 20-25 minutes, stirring and mashing the dal occasionaly with a ladle against the sides of the cooker.
- Add beaten cream mixed with milk. Simmer for 15-20 minutes more and serve hot.