Creamy Red Velvet Cake
For the cake
200g condensed milk
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup soft butter
Red gel colour
1. Sift dry ingredients together.
2. Combine the flour, condensed milk, and buttermilk in a bowl and whisk well.
3. Fold in the red gel colour.
4. Pour into a greased baking trays and bake for 25 minutes (or until a tester comes out clean) in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celcius.
5. Remove, demould, cool.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
250g philadephia cream cheese
500g icing sugar
Whisk the cream cheese and butter together. Slowly add the sugar and blend well. Divide into 4 equal parts.
1. Slice the cake into 3 equal layers.
2. Spray on some sugar syrup, to moisten the cake.
3. Pipe some cream cheese frosting and top with another layer of the cake.
4. Repeat with all layers.
5. Use the remaining frosting to smear onto the sides. Top with white chocolate curls.