Chole Palak Ingredients: 1 bunch spinach, washed & chopped 1 large can (2 glasses) garbanzo beans (or soak a cup of it overnight & boil with some salt) 1 medium onion, chopped 2 tbsp ghee/clarified butter 1/2 tsp garam masala 1/2 tsp mango powder/amchur powder Salt to taste 1/2 tsp turmeric powder 1 green chilli 1/2 tsp cumin seeds 1/2 cup tomato paste 3 cloves garlic 1 dollop butter Method
- Fry onions to brown in the ghee & then add the garlic, cumin & chilli.
- Add the powder spices & fry well before adding the tomato paste & frying for 1 full minute.
- Add the spinach & cook till wilted.
- Then add 2/3rd of the beans (no water).
- Toss around gently & then cook covered for 1 minute on low heat while you puree the remaining in a grinder, with some water.
- Add this to the cooking beans along with some water - stir & simmer to required thickness.
- Add salt to taste & toss a dollop of butter over it & serve hot with rotis, rice or naan.