Chole Chatpati Ingredients
- 1/2 kg Chole
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp jeera
- a pinch of kala namak
- dry dhania and jeera powder (dry fried)
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 imli pulp / as per taste
- salt to taste
- coriander for garnishing
- oil for cooking
- Boil Chole in 1 1/2 cup water. Remove water and keep chole aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Once oil has become hot, add jeera. After 1 min, add onion. When onion becomes soft, add chilli powder.
- Now add Chole to the frying pan and cook for 5 mins at medium heat.
- Add the powdered dhania and jeera.
- Add kala namak and regular salt.
- Cook till the entire mixture of chole and the ingredients becomes dry.
- Now add imli pulp and cook for 1 min.
- Remove from heat and add coriander for garnishing.