Chicken and Cabbage Soup Recipe Chinese, Starter
This is a low-fat, low-cal soup that's incredibly filling and delicious. You can make it your own by changing the portions of various foods. Good For
Cancer, Weight Loss Health Factor
Low Fat, High Protein Prep. Time
10 min Cook Time
25 min Ingredients (Makes 2 Serving)
- 300 gm green cabbage (band gobhi)
- 30 gm spring onion, finely chopped
- 15 gm coriander (hara dhania) stems, finely chopped
- 10 gm unsalted white butter
- 1/2 tsp cumin (jeera)
- 1/2 tbs yeast (khameer)
- 2 bay leaves (tej patta)
- 900 ml chicken stock
- 100 gm boneless chicken
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (kali mirch)
- 10 gm coriander (hara dhania) leaves
- Salt to taste
- Take the spring onion and coriander stems and chop them.
- The next step consists of dicing the chicken.
- Take the cabbage and remove its outer leaves and dice.
- Take a pan and put butter in it for heating. Saute the cumin and bay leaves, until they start to crackle.
- Add the veggies and chicken and sauté for 6-8 minutes.
- Add yeast to the mixture and stir properly.
- Pour chicken stock into the pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Garnish the mixture with coriander leaves and your delicious soup is ready to be served hot.