Prep time: 12 hours
Cooking time: 2 hours
800g cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
175g salted butter, melted, plus
more for greasing
440g Digestive biscuits, crumbed
75g sour cream
1. The cheesecake filling must be chilled for 12 hours before use. To make it, place cream cheese in food mixer and beat at a low speed until smooth, about 5 minutes.
2. Add sugar and mix on higher speed for 4 minutes, scraping mixture down sides of bowl. Add vanilla and mix for a further 2 minutes (same speed).
3. With mixer running at same speed, add eggs one at a time. Mix for two minutes. Refrigerate for 12 hours.
4. Grease five flan tins with melted butter and place on a baking tray.
5. Cheesecake base: Transfer crumbed biscuits to a large mixing bowl. Add melted butter and mix well. The crumbs should clump together.
6. Divide the biscuit mixture between the five tins, pressing the crumbs down in the base and all the way up the sides. The crust should be about 1cm thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 135°C. Fill each crust with chilled filling and level it with the back of a spoon. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool at room temperature for 1 hour and then refrigerate.
8. Whip together sour cream, vanilla extract and sugar. Spread over chilled cheesecakes. Serve with berries and strawberry syrup, if desired.