BIRYANI BADSHAHI RECIPE
1/2 kg Mutton
250 gms Rice parboiled
311/2 tblsp Lemon Juice
10 blanched Almonds (Badam)
1/2 tblsp Mint Leaves (Pudina Leaves)
1 cups Butter
1 handfuls chopped Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
1/2 tblsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
2 large sliced Onion (Kanda Pyaaz)
2 Brown Cardamom (Elaichi Moti)
1 tblsp Oil
4 pods Garlic (Lasun)
2 Cloves (Lavang)
1 " long piece Ginger (Adrak)
1/2 tblsp Saffron (Kesar)
1/2 tblsp Green Chilly (Hari Mirch) chopped
1/2 tblsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirchi)
1/2 " Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
1/2 kg Curd (Dahi)
125 gms Milk
3 cups Water
How to make biryani badshahi:
- First wash and soak rice.
- Then fry sliced onions to a golden brown color.
- Soak saffron in water.
- Now grind ginger, red chillies, garlic and almonds and fry these in butter.
- Add it to the mutton and salt and stir for 5 minutes.
- Now add water and cook onlow flame till meat becomes tender and about 1 cup of gravy is left.
- Boil rice with salt in another pan.
- Put curd into a piece of muslin cloth and let the water drain away.
- Add cloves, cardomoms, cumin seed, mint leaves, chopped chillies and coriander in drained curd.
- Strain the saffron water and add lemon juice.
- Add all this to mutton.
- Sprinkle half of the boiled rice over the mutton and then spread a layer of fried onion and then of rice again.
- Now pour milk and some butter and cover the vessel.
- Seal the edges of the pan with flour paste.
- Place the can on flame for one hour.
- Serve it very hot with some curry.