Bhel Puri Recipe
15 minutes Ingredients:
- Puffed rice or rice pops or rice bubbles, 1 cup
- Paapri or fat free biscuits or fat free rice crackers, coarsely crushed.
- Potato, boiled and finely chopped, 1/2 cup
- Onion finely chopped, 1/2 cup
- Garlic, 1 clove, finely chopped
- Green chili, 2, finely chopped
- Coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped, 1/2 cup
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- Garam masala, 1 tspn
- Red chili powder, 1 tspn
- , 2 tspn (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh lime juice, 1 tspn
- Tamrind paste, 1 Tbsp. You can prepare it with soaking tamarind in 1/2 cup hot water for 1/2 an hour and crushing it by fingers. Make a thick syrup. Mix 2 tspn sugar.
- Mix all the ingredients immediately before serving bhel puri in plates.
You need not to fry paapri for making bhel puri. Just bake one roti or chappati in oven or on tava
or on frying pan to make it crisp. Or you can use fat free biscuits or fat free rice crackers instead of paapri. The aim is to use something very crisp. This way you will save eating lot of fat without sacrificing the taste.