: 15-30 mins
500gms - ladysfinger/bhindi/okra
Onions, thinly sliced
Oil For the masala:
1-2 tbsp - besan/gram flour
2 tsp amchoor powder
2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp tamarind pulp or tamarind
1 tsp pieces without seeds
1/2 tsp hing or asafoetida
2 tsp dry desicated coconut
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
turmeric powder, pinch
1/2 tsp - sugar
3 tsp - peanuts
Chopped cashewnuts, optional Method For the masala:
- Heat 1 tsp oil and lightly roast peanuts, besan/gramflour, red chilly powder, cumin and coriander powder, hing, curry leaves, dry dessicated coconut, amchoor powder, turmeric powder, sugar, chopped cashewnuts for about 5 mins.
- Remove from flame and allow to cool a bit, then add sugar and tamarind pulp or seedless tamarind pieces and grind to a smooth paste.
- Slit the bhindi vertically and fill in with the ground masala.
- Deep fry the stuffed bhindi and keep aside.
- In a another pan, heat oil, saute the onions until golden brown and add coriander leaves and salt and some red chilli powder.
- Cook for a while and finally add the fried ladysfinger/bhindi.