: 15-30 mins
500 gms. brinjals healthy, large
5-6 green chillies finely chopped
2´┐Ż piece ginger, grated
salt to taste
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
3 tbsp. oil Method
- Prepare a coalfire, or a barbeque.
- Put brinjals in them, and roast till they are soft inside.
- If this is not possible, they may be baked in foil.
- To be sure that brinjals are not rotted inside, a slit may be made.
- Remove, rub off skin as much as possible.
- Mash with a mallet or potato masher.
- An electric chopped may be used.
- Heat oil in a pan, a chillies, ginger, stir for a minute.
- Add mashed brinjal, turmeric, salt, stir and saut´┐Ż for 3-4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, mix well.
- Serve hot with bhakri or puris.
the unique taste of this dish lies in roasting the brinjals in coal fire. Though made any other way, will taste good, it is definitely not the same. Making Time :
45 minutes Makes :
7-8 servings Shelf Life :