Besan ka Cheela
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 1 cup: Besan
- ½ cup: Methi leaves-finely chopped
- Green chillies-finely chopped to taste
- 1 tsp: Ajwain
- 1 tsp: Chilli powder
- 2 tsp: Salt or to taste
- 4 tsp: Oil for frying the cheelas
- 1 cup: Water
- Mix all the ingredients, except oil, to a thick pouring consistency, adding the water a little at a time . Leave to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a tbsp or so of oil in a frying pan, then pour it off into a container.
- Keeping the heat high, pour some batter in the center of the pan, spreading it out a little.
- Lower the heat and let cook till the edges brown a little and can be lifted easily.
- Dribble a little oil around it, turning the pan so the oil goes under the cheela. Flip it over to cook slightly on the other side and before serving it hot with a green chutney.