BATTER FRIED FISH RECIPE
900 gms./ 2lb Fish
1cup gram flour (besan)
1 green chili (chopped)
Salt To Taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3 tbsp fresh bread crumbs
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 black pepper powder
2 cups water
3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves For Garnishing :
1 lemon (sliced)
2 tomatoes (sliced)
How to make deep fried fish:
- Wash the fish thoroughly and cut into pieces. Rub the turmeric over the fish pieces with about 1tsp salt and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse the fish under running water.
- Mix gram flour, bread crumbs, salt, chili & pepper powder, green chili, coriander and water and form a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai or wok .
- Coat the fish nicely with batter and deep-fry until golden all over on a moderate heat for about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve batter fried fish hot garnished with lemon & tomato slices.