Barbara's Golden Pound Cake
Barbara's Golden Pound Cake Ingredients
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating very well after each. Stir in the lemon extract and vanilla. Beat in the flour alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool, then drizzle with lemon glaze.
- To make the lemon glaze: Put the confectioners' sugar into a small bowl. Mix in lemon juice, a teaspoon at a time, until desired drizzling consistency is achieved.