Recipe banana bread

♛Princess

Prime VIP
H7xXu8Q.jpg

Preparation Time: 30 minutes or less Cooking Time: 30 minutes - 1 hour Serves: 5
Category: Breads Sub-Category: Fruit Bread Cuisine: American

Click On Images To Enlarge
Ingredients:

1 1/3 cups mashed very ripe bananas (2 large)
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
2 2/3 cups Bisquick mix
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)

Step 1:
Heat oven to 350 F. Grease bottom of 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.

Step 2:
Peel your bananas, make they sure they are really ripe, as the banana ripens, due to the plant hormone ethylene it will produce more sugar. Mash into a almost smooth paste. I used about 2 and a half bananas for this. Interesting side note the bananas that you buy in the grocery store are something called triploidy, meaning they have 3 copies of all the chromosomes, this makes them sterile and will not produce any seeds. Seeds in bananas are small and black.

Step 3:
Mashed.

Step 4:
Add in all of the ingredients except the Bisquick and nuts. Mix together. Doesn't that look yummy.

Step 5:
Add in the Bisquick and nuts. Make sure to mix thoroughly.

Step 6:
Pour batter into the greased loaf pan. Spatula any remaining batter using your kick ass silicon spatulas. Remember the silicon can withstand temperatures up to 700F!

Step 7:
Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350F. Do the toothpick test, take a clean toothpick and stick it into the center of the loaf. When you extract it should be clean, if not continue baking. Mine baked for 55 minutes to come out perfectly golden brow[/img]

Last edited by a moderator: