| | Alloo Paroantha
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 large potatoes
- 3 hot green chili peppers (chopped)
- 4 tablespoon cilantro (Coriander) leaves (chopped)
- 4 tablespoon ghee, butter or vegetable oil for frying (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt or according to taste
Number of Servings: 4
- Boil the potatoes in their skins and peel.
- Knead flour with melted ghee, water and two pinch of salt till you get soft dough.
- Leave dough in a warm place for about half an hour.
- Add salt, chili peppers, cilantro (coriander) to potato.
- Divide into about eight portions and roll out in circular disc shape (each about 15cm /6 inches in diameter).
- Put the potato mix between the two rolled out dough. Roll again to evenly apply potato mix inside the bread.
- Cook bread in either on a skillet with oil or ghee.