Allergen-free chocolate cake
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/Gas Mark 3½.
2. Oil two 23cm cake tins and line bases with parchment.
3. In a large bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir in sugar. In another bowl, measure oil, 400ml water and vanilla extract, then add to flour mixture. Stir in vinegar last.
4. Pour batter into prepared tins and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer emerges clean. Leave for a few minutes in tins, then run a knife around the rims and turn out on to a wire rack. Remove papers and leave to cool completely.
5. Put one cake on a cake stand or serving plate and top with most of the raspberries. Place the other cake on top, and scatter with the remaining raspberries. Sift over an even layer of icing sugar to serve.