- 1/2 cup Rice flour
- 1 cup Gram flour (Besan)
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tbsp hot oil
- 2 tsp ghee
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- oil for frying
- Soak ajwain in water for half an hour.
- Grind it with green chilli and little water to a smooth paste.
- Strain them.Ajwain water is ready.
- In a large bowl mix besan,rice flour,ghee,ajwain water,salt and add hot oil and pour little water and make a stiff dough.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Take the omapudi press(small holes)plate and apply oil inside the press and fill a portion of the dough.
- Squeeze the press in clockwise direction to the hot oil.keep the flame in medium.Pour oil with the slotted spoon on the omapodi so that it will be cooked on all sides.
- When the bubbles and sound subsides turn it to the other side.
- Fry till light golden colour and crispy.
- After it cools down,store in air-tight container.
- Crispy crunchy omapodi is ready.