| | Achari mutton
ACHARI MUTTON RECIPE Ingredients:
1/2 cup coriander leaves chopped
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
800 gms mutton800 gms.
1 tsp turmeric powder
8 red chillies whole
1 tsp red chilli powder
4 medium tomatoes
1 tsp onion seeds
7 tblsp mustard oil
2 tblsp ginger chopped
4 medium onions
salt to taste
1 tblsp garlic chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds
How to make achari mutton :
- Wash and cut the mutton into 11/2" cubes.
- Take off and cut the onions.
- Cut the tomatoes.
- Roast the whole spices separately and grind everything coarsely.
- Heat up oil in a thick-bottomed pot to smoking point, cool and again heat up the oil and stir fry the onions till brown.
- Mix in the cut ginger-garlic.
- Mix well.
- Mix in coarsely ground masala powder.
- Stir fry for half a minute, stirring all the time.
- Mix in mutton, stir fry on high flame heat up till mutton pieces are well browned.
- Mix in the tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Stir fry till oil leaves the masala.
- Mix in sufficient quantity of water (about 21/2 cups), bring it to a boil and cover.
- Stir fry till the mutton is fully done.
- Adjust the flavor and serve hot decorated with coriander leaves.