Art & Craft DIY Party Cups

After doing this sparkly DIY last week, I decided that I wasn’t quite done with the good ol’ pipe cleaners just yet. Enter – party cups!

IMG_1963_sm1-1.jpg

Wouldn’t these be fun for a party? You could give each guest a cup with their initial on it (so they won’t lose which cup is theirs!), or line them up and spell something out.. or even coordinate shapes and colours for a themed party!

Here’s how you go about it:

IMG_0736_sm-1.jpg

You’ll need:
- Pipe cleaners
- Blank paper cups
- Hot glue gun
- Pencil

Step 1.
Bend the pipe cleaners into the shapes/letters you’d like. Cut off any extra bits you don’t need.

Step 2.
Hold your shape/letter against one of the cups and use the pencil to lightly mark on the cup where you’d like to glue. I only used one or two dots of glue on each of the cups above, and found it best to glue at joins in the pipe cleaners.

composition10-1.jpg

Step 3.
Working quickly, dab a spot of hot glue on the marked spots on your cup, and stick the pipe cleaner letter/shape down. If it’s not too hot, press where you glued with your thumb on the outside, and finger on the inside of the cup to really make sure it’s stuck. Wait for it to cool before using it!

And you’re done! Piece of cake, or what? :)

IMG_1968_sm-1.jpg

IMG_1955_sm-1.jpg