Art & Craft diy flowers cupcake wrappers and coffee filters

Hi, there! Today I'm going to show you a few ways to make flowers out of coffee filters and cupcake wrappers. Yay! I bet you already have the supplies at your house.

flower7-1.jpg

Supplies: Food coloring or some sort of dye, cheap-o coffee filters, cupcake wrappers, wire or straws (something to make a stem), and tape. I used Wilton's Teal & Peach food colors. And a dab of orange.
Soak your filters and cupcake liners in food coloring and water. Even if you don't want to dye them, I suggest soaking them. That makes them pliable and easier to work with.
flowers1-1.jpg

I learned this first technique from Aunt Peaches (a hilariously off-beat craft blog). You basically cut your filter into a spiral and then pleat it along a piece of tape, then roll the tape up on a stem. I did much looser pleats than she did - more like loops - and this is the result (flower shown above). I LOVE it. Especially how the colors came out.
See more after the break!
flowers2-1.jpg

This technique is easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy. Step 1. Fold two cupcake wrappers almost in half, but not quite. 2. The longer side should be placed on the piece of tape, with the short side in front. 3. Place the wrappers side by side on the tape. 4. Begin rolling the wrappers up on your stem. Don't roll it too tight. 5. Pinch the tape at the bottom, where it meets the stem.
flowers4-1.jpg

Step 1: Cut a wavy edge on your wrappers. 2. Punch a little hole in the middle of one wrapper. 3. Pinch the middle of the other wrapper, gathering it together. 4. Place the pinched end through the hole in your first wrapper and pull through a bit. 5. Tape it all up on a stem. It should be a loose, big flower. DONE!

flowers6-1.jpg