Your answer to rising gas prices!

Bgrewal

With gas prices at record highs a lot of people are down sizing their vehicles to more fuel efficient ones.

Others are going to greater extents to improve fuel economy and save money. Some of these people are doing things that are amazing, innovative and sometimes even a little crazy.

This is one of my favorite websites on the net.
Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com

This is one the star vehicles on this website.
Aerocivic - how to drop your Cd from 0.31 to 0.17 - Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com

he has his own website as well.
Aerocivic - Honda Civic modifications for maximum gas mileage - aerocivic.com

Check it out. Its both cool and crazy.

Bgrewal

what kind of car do you have? how much of a diff on fuel did it make? my next car is gona be a older civic, i saw someone selling a turbo system for cheap i was tempted to pick it up.

gagan_singh

hardcore drifter
i have a 240sx it aint gonna eat too much more gas but there will be a difference. i was planing on turboing my civic sir before i bought the 240, but it wasn't worth the money because if you get the ebay kits then there's lots of mods needed, if you get a nice proper kit its very costly depending on what's your HP goal. my goal was about 230hp and around 200 torque it was going to cost me about $3000 Canadian for a safe daily driver. but for my 240 its only about $2000 and i dont need any more parts so thats the grand total, plus with the 240 its rwd so its way more funner to drive than the civic.

gagan_singh

hardcore drifter
what kind of car do you have? how much of a diff on fuel did it make? my next car is gona be a older civic, i saw someone selling a turbo system for cheap i was tempted to pick it up.

oh ya just a heads up make sure if you do go the turbo route go with the b16 engine not the d16.

Bgrewal

i saw a greddy kit for 1700 bucks on craigslist Vancouver. i just looked now, theres some out there for around 7-800 but they look older and less complete.

I was planning on getting a civic VX if i can find one. they're cheaper on gas because they have an engine set up to do a "lean burn" at low load or rpm. i dont know if theres a point in turboing one of those tho.

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
i saw a greddy kit for 1700 bucks on craigslist Vancouver. i just looked now, theres some out there for around 7-800 but they look older and less complete.

I was planning on getting a civic VX if i can find one. they're cheaper on gas because they have an engine set up to do a "lean burn" at low load or rpm. i dont know if theres a point in turboing one of those tho.
my friend had a turbo charged civic its not worth as Vtec engines can reach redline with naturally aspirated intake system
if you turbo charge them the turbo kicks in at higher revs and stops before redline., so whats the point.. for .05 seconds turbo kicks in..? no point i see in setting up that. then u need a intercooler setup too for that..which means few more dollars to be spent.
u need to use high octane fuel ( premium)

gagan_singh

hardcore drifter
im not sure how the spec s setup is but i have a hks fmic rated at 450hp, and in the end after tuning it costed about $2000 for the whole thing, that's not including clutch upgrade and non turbo related things cause i did all that stuff all together.

gagan_singh

hardcore drifter
the turbo was suppose to kick in at 3k and vtec kicks in at i think 6k {im not exactly sure i forgot} on my civic but thats pretty good amount of boost time from 3k to 8200. just make sure you stick with a small turbo cause on my 240 i have a gtir t28 it starts to kick in at 2700 and full boost at 3600 which is still really early. one of my neighbors had the same car but with a sr20 engine and a slightly smaller turbo a t25 that came stock with it, and his was at full boost at only 2300. his car was like an airplane. lol

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
hahah nice man
still cheap turbo setup

in here we have T6 turbo for Ford Falcon and T04r for supra turbo upgrade they costs a lot more than that approx 5 grand.
thts a good power
SR20DE engine is of 200sx man i think.

gagan_singh

hardcore drifter
ya its out of a 200sx but alot of people here have sr swaps. majority dont like the ka24 engine so they do a swap. as cheap of a setup it is, its good for 350whp and stock is 130whp, all i have to do is just get bigger injectors thats all so its pretty good still.