Volkswagento launch 4 new cars in India

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Volkswagen is planning to introduce at least 4 new products in the next two years including a new SUV, a premium sedan and luxury hatchback in India

Volkswagen had recently revealed that it will be investing heavily in India and is planning to make the country a low-cost manufacturing hub. The German car manufacturer is looking at investing to a tune of Rs 1,500 crore in India and hopes to cater to both - emerging and developed markets across the globe.

During our recent interaction with Michael Mayer, Director - Volkswagen Passenger Cars India at the company's car manufacturing plant in Chakan, Pune, he disclosed that the firm plans to introduce at least four new products in the next 24 months.

Mayer confirmed that it is important for the company to be visible in the SUV segment of India, for which it will introduce a premium 5-seat SUV. We expect the new Volkswagen SUV to compete against the likes of Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour, priced close to Rs 25 lakh.

Apart from the SUV, Volkswagen will also introduce a luxury hatchback to help Volkswagen improve its brand image and recall value in India, which will carry an estimated price tag of Rs 29 lakh.

In the premium sedan segment, Volkswagen India is considering to get a replacement for the last generation VW Passat. The old Passat did not meet the company's expectation in India as the German brand was still at its nascent stage in the country and the brand appeal was competitively lower than its competition. Over the years, VW India has worked on making the brand stronger, which will help the new premium sedan to getter a bigger chunk of the market.

Volkswagen is also considering to launch refreshed version of its existing models, along with the introduction of Volkswagen India's first sub-4-meter compact sedan designed specifically for India.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Vw cars are quite solid compared to competition ( maruti / Hyundai )
Even 3-4 year old cars are rattle free.

But service and spares are costly.

deep

Prime VIP
i assume they will launch either Toureg or Tiguan as SUVs, both are amazing vehicles, toureg is awesome with its off road capabilities while Tiguan is CRV/RAV-4 class SUV( mainly family vehicle)
but i seriously doubt that they can launch toureg with 25 lakh price as its starts from 70k$ in US. more it will be tiguan.

deep

Prime VIP
Vw cars are quite solid compared to competition ( maruti / Hyundai )
Even 3-4 year old cars are rattle free.

But service and spares are costly.
yes their cars are amazing than any other manufacturer in same class and most of their vehicles share platforms/systems with premium brand vehicles like Audi/Porsche as they are from same group(VW owns audi and porsche)
Tiguan is similar to Audi Q7/porsche cayenne (older model) and new passat is similar to Audi A4

Joshila_JATT

Gabhru_shokeen
Veer Volkswagen hun duniya da main group ban geya hai GM motors toh baad, Kyunki enna kol, Audi, Porsche, Seat, Skoda, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti, Man, Scania, Ducati, Suzuki ch bhi hissa haiga, eh nah apniyan cars da loha recycle karde ne, matlab purana loha bhi use karde ne nawiyan cars banon layi... lifetime guarantee dinde aah lohe nu jangaal nahi laghda.. par enna diyan cars agghe nalo halkiyan aah... Europe ch sabh to jada enna di hatchback Golf te Polo chaldiyan aah.. SUV ch Tuareg, crossover ch Tiguan, estate model ch passat.

toureg launch karuge ta waise vi lehni ni kise ne i think lol ehne paise koun lau ... n fuel consumption is tooo high...ehde naalo porsche cayenne hi leh lawe koi gud lookin car :an

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
Vw tiguan is a crossover jahi and has a economical diesel engine

Toureg is a beast of a car but again if one can afford that kinda money will be okay with price of petrol and services.

Vw is quiet famous for ses lights haha

Attachments

• 11024716_834405843281859_3513732820074904141_n.jpg
    11024716_834405843281859_3513732820074904141_n.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 186

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
toureg launch karuge ta waise vi lehni ni kise ne i think lol ehne paise koun lau ... n fuel consumption is tooo high...ehde naalo porsche cayenne hi leh lawe koi gud lookin car :an

I was so tempted to buy porsche boxster before buying v35 skyline. Found out later that those cars will be so expensive to service and maintain..so dropped the idea and got jap again

I was so tempted to buy porsche boxster before buying v35 skyline. Found out later that those cars will be so expensive to service and maintain..so dropped the idea and got jap again

i agree. like dhillon said, vw's service is also vry expensive, jeh main india ch reh ke vw afford kar sakdi hundi , ta ehde naalo porsche hi leh lehni si, coz maintenance dowa di hi costly ya par porsche dekhan nu ta sohni lagdi compared to vw lol :an

Golf r32 is older 3.2 litre v6 all wheel drive ..not ur normal golf

do we really need a vehicle wid awd? lol expensive to maintain i think
and jitho tak menu patha If u live in an area hit by winter storms n all, fer ta awd wadiya hougi. But for those who dun have to deal with such difficult climates, might not need it...

main vi kide nal matha maardi aa :fp joh insaan saal ch 4 cars change karda :p :gig

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
and jitho tak menu patha If u live in an area hit by winter storms n all, fer ta awd wadiya hougi. But for those who dun have to deal with such difficult climates, might not need it...

main vi kide nal matha maardi aa :fp joh insaan saal ch 4 cars change karda :p :gig
I like rear wheel drives for the smaller turning circles. Oh well u can just drift for a u turn.
But awd for a hatch is very rare. Only fer hatches get awd like subaru imprezza ,golf r, alfa brera etc
Awd is just not only for snow. Making a car awd gives a lots of grip and a better launch ;)
In a straight line u can run a dodge hellcat with vw golf r it will be a good battle but as soon as golf hits the corner hellcat dodge can just work on gettin straight

deep

Prime VIP

it not a must have feature but it is nice to have specially when you have dig your car out of 3ft of snow every week or so. i had ford explorer with 4WD and still have honda civic, i used to dig civic out everytime while i was able to drive ford without even brushing it off from pile of snow.