This is wt range rover all about!!

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
i think most 4x4 can do that. i have seen Gypsyies go through much worse than that (at rohtang).

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Bad driving then, the way porche is spinning its wheel it won't go anywhere.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Its all about perfect enginering. The power distribution between wheels.

In real life we dont do offroad courses. To tackle things.

We do drive on snowy / icy roads.

even a good car is useless in bad driving hands.

in himachal / utrakhand Good drivers in their humble Altos and Nanos manage snowy roads.

Singh-a-lion

Prime VIP

in himachal / utrakhand Good drivers in their humble Altos and Nanos manage snowy roads.

Every driver is nt that good.

If i have a vehical on vich i can trust that it can cross a river den i can put it in water,, bt i cant trust alto and nano with it.

Good vehical give you good experince which u can use it in other cars aswell

Singh-a-lion

Prime VIP

Short video to get u going

Top Gear - 14x07 - BMW X6 Off Road Test - YouTube

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
land rover is one of the best offroader, no doubt on that.
just saying that in the first video,some of it is down to bad driving.

On snow you need to keep the momentum and not spin the wheels faster than the car speed. the incline doesn't seem to be that steep.

Now thats an icy road (different than snowy road). Under such conditions, u cant beat range rover with those other cars. Range rover comes with separate hi-low gears like our tractors in punjab. That makes a huge difference while off-roading. Range rover is built to tackle these conditions. u cant just compare range rover to porche or porche with range rover. Both made for different purposes.
Now to tackle the road condition in the video, bring ford 3600 and compare with range rover. See who wins. Even ford 3600 is rear wheel drive lmfao.

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
haha
Range rovers are best four wheel drives no doubt in that.
There are other 4wd out there that can out perform some of the real expensive ones such as Land cruiser, Jeep Rubicon ,Nissan Patrol etc .
Again, it depends on the purpose. Every car is built for a purpose.

yea and don't forget......tires play a huge role also like tire material compound and tire threading, tires for different weather (like summer,all season,winter or mud tires).
If u put summer tires on that range rover in the video, it won't make it through. No matter what!