The Auto Expo 2010 thread

######

######​

XL 883L Sportster

######

US motorcycle maker Harley-Davidson unveiled 12 motorcycles for the Indian market.

XL 883R Roadster

######

Bikers will get to select motorcycles from each of the company's five model families. The Harley line-up includes models from Sportster, Dyna, VRSC, Softail, Touring, the five brands or "families".

FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic

######

The motorcycles will be priced between Rs 6.95 lakh and Rs 34.95 lakh (ex-showroom New Delhi)

the FLSTF Fat Boy

######

Bookings for Harley-Davidson motorcycles will open from April 2010 and start delivery in June

the Xl 1200N Nighster

######

Harley Davidson dealerships will be present in New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chandigarh

XR 1200X

######

The bikes will be sold, distributed and serviced by Harley Davidson

FLHR Road King

######

FLHTCUSE Ultra Classic Electra Glide

######

Hyundai i10 electric

######

The i10 Electric offers dual recharging cycles and would take around five hours to be fully charged, which will enable the car to run for 160 km.

######

Hyundai officials said that i10's immense popularity had inspired the company to come out with an electric version.

######

The company claimed the cars will ensure zero-carbon emission and help address the concerns of environmentalists.

######

The i10 electric was first unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September last year and the company plans to produce the car in limited numbers for the South Korean market from this year. The company however declined to give any time-frame as to when the electric vehicles would be introduced in India.Hyundai sells about 12,000 i10 units a month, compared to 7,000 units of Santro, its flagship model. Incidentally, i10 is priced higher than the Santro.

DC's Imperator​

######

DC Design unveiled its Super Sports utility vehicle - DC Imperator, a car that the company claims personifies the future.

######

Imperator is powered by Audi's 6.0 litre V12 TDI engine and fitted with world-record 48-inch wheels.

######

Chhabria best described the vehicle, which dispenses with the conventional four front-opening doors for two wings that rise overhead.

######

The company says that the car is an audacious concept meant to generate a new segment where a SUV need not be boxy and rugged but sexy and sensual.

######

DC announced the launch in association with the DY Patil Group, of the DYP-DC Centre for Automotive Research and Studies.

The newly unveiled Jaguar car

The newly unveiled Jaguar car during the 10th Auto Expo in New Delhi on January 5, 2010.

######

######

Jaguar XF 5.0 V8

######

######

Tata Aria

######

Tata Motors unveiled 'Aria', a cross-over between a multi-utility and sports utility vehicle and billed it as a four-wheeler built for Indians by Indian engineers.

######

Tata is expected to price the Aria at Rs 6-8 lakh. It is expected to hit the markets in the first half of the 2010 and plug a vital gap in its portfolio

######

Positioned to take on Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo and Chevrolet Tavera, the Aria with its three row of seats will attempt to blend the benefits of a family-friendly luxury tourer with the refined driving dynamics and visual cues of an activity-oriented sports utility vehicle.

######

This seven-seater Aria will sport a new generation engine, navigation system, ABS and air bags among other enhancements.

######

Created with extensive design inputs from London-based Tata Motors European Technical Centre (TMETC), the concept vehicle was first showcased at the 75th Geneva Motor Show in 2005.

######

Tata Motors' current line up of SUVs and MUVs include Safari and Sumo Grande.

Special Edition Mahindra Scorpio

######

Anand Mahindra Vice Chairman of Mahindra Group launched the Special Edition Scorpio with the mHawk engine at the Auto Expo.

######

The Scorpio debuted in 2003 to take on the likes of the Toyota Qualis and the Tata Safari

######

In 2005, the Scorpio's engine was revised to a 2.6 litre common rail unit. This engine brought a further level of refinement to the vehicle. Later the company replaced its 2.6-litre CRDe engine with a more advanced 2.2-litre mHawk engine.

######

The Scorpio can carry 7-9 passengers, depending on the seat layout.

######

The new SUV is muscular and has a new front grille, headlights, bonnet scoop, fog lamps, bumpers, embossed side cladding, door handles, rear integrated footstep, seats, upholstery, a parking brake and digital immobiliser.

Toyota unveils small car Etios

Toyota unveiled the small car Etios which has been specifically developed for the Indian market. The Etios is code-named "EFC" or Entry Family Car

The company would launch both hatchback and sedan under the Etios series with 1.2 litres and 1.5 litres petrol engines respectively.

The production of Etios would start by December this year and would be launched by early 2011.

Toyota targets annual sales of 70,000 units of Etios.

Analysts expect a price tag of less than Rs 5 lakhs

Toyota said over 2,000 engineers in India and Japan worked for four years on the Etios.

Toyota said that India will play a pivotal role in the company's global expansion plans and will expand its Indian sales network to 150 dealers by the end of 2010 from the current 97.

ya, it includes over 100% import duty...
grey markit stuff is also available, just if you know some punters in delhi or mumbai.

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
hey hey man
can u help me getting in a Skyline or a supra to india? anyone in customs?
i can bring my ford , chaser as they are with me frm nearly 1 year
but i wana get a coupe in india
can u please ask
any Special Enthusiast vehicle scheme?