Rotary Engine and its working

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
Rotary Engine and its working

A pistonless rotary engine is an internal combustion engine that does not use pistons in the way a reciprocating engine does, but instead uses one or more rotors, sometimes called rotary pistons. An example of a pistonless rotary engine is the Wankel engine.

The term rotary combustion engine has been suggested as an alternative name for these engines to distinguish them from early (generally up to the early 1920s) aircraft engines and motorcycle engines also known as rotary engines. However, both continue to be called rotary engines and only the context determines which type is meant. In particular, the only commercial producer of (pistonless) automobile rotary engines as of 2005, Mazda, consistently refers to its Wankel engines as rotary engines

Working

A rotary engine is an internal combustion engine, like the engine in your car, but it works in a completely different way than the conventional piston engine.

In a piston engine, the same volume of space (the cylinder) alternately does four different jobs -- intake, compression, combustion and exhaust. A rotary engine does these same four jobs, but each one happens in its own part of the housing. It's kind of like having a dedicated cylinder for each of the four jobs, with the piston moving continually from one to the next.

See the video

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOtQG35EK_s&feature=related]YouTube - Next Generation Rotary Engine?

gagan_singh

hardcore drifter
shit thats sick, i was allways wondering how these engine work. so the impreza sti uses the same technology right?

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
nah nah man
not imprezza
they dont have rotary engines its only Mazda RX7 and Rx8 has
RX7 had 1.2 Litre Twin turbo and non turbo

RX8 comes with 1.3 Litre non turbo standard, you can turbo charge it/super charge it

Bgrewal

i think you're confusing the rotary engine with the boxer engine gagan. thats what impreza along with all suburus have.

gagan_singh

hardcore drifter
ya there was a full street legal race sti, 550whp for around 17k. but the guy was to far away but i never seen any that cheap ever since. most are around 19-20k