2011 Audi A8
- Lightweight and yet ultra-strong aluminum body with ASF design
- Flowing design, full LED headlights on request
Interior and controls
- Luxurious interior with newly developed, spacious styling
- Craftsman-level workmanship, emotionally charged interior lighting
- Advanced MMI operating system, MMI touch navigation system with pioneering operating concept
- Seats with optional ventilation and massage functions, luxurious individual rear seats optional
- One gasoline engine, with direct fuel injection and 273 kW (372 hp)
- Consumption improved by 15 percent with enhanced performance
- New 8-speed tiptronic as standard, shift-by-wire control
- Standard quattro all-wheel drive, optional sport differential
- Lightweight wheel suspension, balanced axle load distribution
- Audi drive select driving dynamic system including standard adaptive air suspension and adaptive damping, optional dynamic steering.
Superior power and high efficiency - the new A8 makes its debut on the market with a strong V8 engine. With 372 hp, they never fail to impress with their superior power and mighty but discreet propulsion. All engines feature direct fuel injection, and consume 15 percent less fuel than their respective predecessors.
The 4.2 FSI draws 273 kW (372 hp) of power from 4,163 cm3 displacement, generating its maximum of 445 Nm (328.22 lb-ft) torque at 3,500 rpm. It accelerates the A8 from zero to 100 km/h in 5.7 seconds, with the propulsion ending (as in all engine variants) at the electronically controlled speed of 250 km/h (155.34 mph).