What’s the best Android phone on T-Mobile?

nvkhkhr

Prime VIP
There are a lot of Android phones on the market right now and a number of options on each carrier. As a consumer it can be hard to differentiate one from the next and to ultimately figure out which phone you should purchase. We can’t tell you the right Android phone for you, but we can use our experience with these devices to tell you which one we feel is the best. Yesterday we looked at the best Android phone on Verizon Wireless and today we’ll be talking about T-Mobile.
tmobilemytouch4g300x323-1.jpg

The Best
In no way is there a better phone currently on T-Mobile’s shelves than the MyTouch 4G. The phone, one of the first on the HSPA+ “4G” network, matches the increase in network speed with a powerful processor and GPU. With a shatter resistant Gorilla Glass screen and a capable front facing camera that creates one of the first really enjoyable and useable video chatting experience on Android. In terms of future proofing, the hardware will be more than enough to last the next few versions of Android, but is also completely hacked open to enjoy modded versions of Android like CyanogenMod.
It’s an all around enjoyable device for any kind of user, and unlike most other Android phones its successor on this carrier is little more than far off speculation. You can rest assured that picking up one of these phones will ensure that you’ll have a really powerful phone for quite awhile.
GoogleNexusS463x440-1.jpg

The Runner-up
What’s somewhat unique to T-Mobile for me is that two of my favorite phones on their network aren’t actually sold in their stores–the Nexus S and the Nexus One. While it’s unfortunate that the Nexus S did not meet its predecessors ability to shatter the world’s expectations from smartphones, it is still one of the most powerful phone experiences on T-Mobile, and really across all of the carriers. It’s my pick as the runner-up for T-Mobile’s best Android phone.
Being the current Android “Stock” experience, and with that title receives the latest and greatest from Google before anyone else, it’s the phone all other Samsung phones want to be when they grow up. With a great screen, decent battery life, and an acceptable front facing camera experience, the Nexus S does the job of being an upgrade from the Nexus One rather well. Currently running Android 2.3, the Nexus S does a pretty good job of making it clear that it should be the phone you compare your next phone to.
The Future Phone
Not too much can be said about the upcoming HTC Pyramid, because it’s almost entirely rumors and speculation. From what I can gather, it’s a 4.3-inch dual-core phone with a front facing camera, 4G radio, and it eats rainbows and poops butterflies. It’s safe to say that at least three of the things on that list are false, but just as I am unwilling to speculate on whether or not the Pyramid is just a reference spec or a phone, I am unwilling to entertain what features the Eye of Ra will or will not have. The Pyramid, or a phone based on the Pyramid reference spec, will probably be coming out sometime late this year (Early to mid q3 I reckon) and it will probably be awesome, but so will everything else that comes out in 6 months.