Vista Help

Question:

For the past 6 months or so, I have been having problems with my laptop. Its a Sony Vaio FE800. I have Microsoft Vista loaded as the OS. At first, while the computer was either sitting ideal or in use, it would go to a "BLUE SCREEN" and there would be a message stating I have a "hardware malfunction". Sometimes this would happen within 20 minutes of start-up or even 2-3 hours later. I was able to reload Vista and after several attempts, it finally stopped happening.

But now, after every two weeks or so, my computer freezes randomly. After i restart it, it wont start and displays a message "windows failed to load due to new hardware or driver installation/changes". I click the option restart last good known configuration and it goes into a loop and never gets to the log-in screen. I have erased EVERYTING completely and reinstalled Vista several times already and it will work fine for 2-4 weeks average and then freeze one day randomly and never start up again after that. sometimes displaying the message "registry file missing". I have anti-virus on here and have also tried "system restore" but it says there is no "restore point" even after i created one.

does anyone know what the problem might be or any suggestions. i would appreciate it. thanks!

jemshault

It seems that the drives required by the Operating system are not configured or became crushed. You first have to back up your all the data on CD/DVD. Now check for earliest system restore in All_Program/Accessories/System_Tools/System_Restore
If succeed then restore the system and observe the change. Continue if change found else revert system change from the same.
Go to
Sony eSupport - VGN-FE880E - Model Home
and surf for hardware upgrade.
Above page is for VGN-FE880E but all the driver works same for FE800

I hope it should be help to you.
Regard
Jems:)