Top 6 Windows 7 Password Recovery Tips
With the increasing sales of Windows 7, the problems about Windows 7 are growing concerns. And if you feel the need to do Windows 7 password recovery, you can view the solutions listed below. No matter what your reason is, these methods can solve your problem easily and quickly.
When you cannot access Windows 7 without disk
Windows Password Breaker is designed to recover forgotten Windows password, you can resort to Windows Password Breaker if you feel the need to do Windows 7 password recovery for any of the following reasons:
You set a new password for the administrator account and no longer remember it.
You enter the correct password but the system says it is a wrong password.
You haven't used your notebook for a long time, and now forgot its password.
You bought a 2nd hand PC or laptop but don't have the Windows password for it.
Tip 1: Windows Password Breaker
Windows Password Breaker allows you to create a Windows 7 password recovery disk to reset Windows 7 password when you forgot password or you cannot access computer.
1. Download and install Windows Password Breaker.
2. Burn a Windows 7 password recovery CD/DVD
3. Set CD/DVD as the first boot device in BIOS
4. Perform Windows 7 password recovery.
Note: This solution can also be used when Windows Vista/XP/2000 password is forgotten and unknown.
Actually, it's no need to get Windows Password Breaker if you make full use of Windows features to in case of forgotten Windows password - create a password reset disk or system repair disc in advance (before your password is lost). Whether create the disk or use it to do Windows 7 password recovery, it can be easily done within a few clicks.
Tip 2: Password reset disk
1. Insert it in computer when you find your password forgotten.
2. Access the Reset password option after inputting an incorrect password in importantWindows logon screen. When you click on the Reset password link, a password reset wizard will come up to teach you do windows 7 password recovery step-by-step.
Of course, this tip is only effective when you remember to create the disk before your password is lost. To create one, you need to log on Windows 7 with the account that you want to create a password reset disk for. Then type password reset disk in the Start search box, press Enter. And the Forgotten Password Wizard will appear. Click Next on the wizard Windows to start.
Tip 3: System repair disc
In addition to the password reset disk, the Widows password recovery options is another Windows feature allow you to do Windows 7 password recovery. To access the Windows password recovery options, you need to create a system repair disc.
1. Enter system repair disc in Start search box and hit Enter.
2. Select a CD/DVD drive and insert a blank disc to create the system repair disc.
To start the Windows Recovery Environment, insert the System Repair Disc into the drive and reboot the PC via the CD/DVD drive. Select your Windows installation from the list when prompted. The System Recovery Options will be displayed as follows.
When you can access Windows 7 with another administrator account
Of course, if you have another accessible administrator account, you can simply perform Windows 7 password recovery via it. Log your Windows 7 machine with an accessible account, then follow the below tips to do password recovery.
Tip 4: Lusrmgr.msc
1. Click Start button, type lusrmgr.msc in the text search box and press Enter.
2. The Local Users and Groups Windows will come up. Double-click the Users folder, and all user accounts on the computer will be listed.
3. Right-click your target account and click Set Password.
Tip 5: Netplwiz/control userpasswords2
1. Click Start, input netplwiz or control userpasswords2 in the text search box and hit Enter.
2. The user accounts management window will come up. Select your target user account and click Reset Password.
Tip 6: Net user
1. Right-click on the Command Prompt link in the Start menu and select Run as Administrator.
2. Type net user Helen 123 in the coming command prompt. ("Helen" is your target account and "123" is its new password)
All the above tips are useful and efficient for Windows 7 password recovery. And you can choose the one adapt to your condition when you lost Windows 7 password.