Things which Microsoft can never explain

Jus

Filhaal..
Do it practically and you will come to know....

Magic #1

An Indian found that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the computer which can be named as "CON". This is something funny and inexplicable. At Microsoft the whole team couldn't answer why this happened.

TRY IT NOW, IT WILL NOT CREATE A "CON" FOLDER

MAGIC #2

For those of you using Windows, do the following:

1.) Open an empty notepad file
2.) Type "Bush hid the facts" (without the quotes)
3.) Save it as whatever you want.
4.) Close it, and re-open it.

Noticed the weird bug? No one can explain!

MAGIC #3

Again this is something funny and can't be explained. At Microsoft the whole team, including Bill Gates, couldn't answer why this happened.

It was discovered by a Brazilian. Try it out yourself.

Open Microsoft Word and type

=rand (200, 99)
And then press ENTER
And see the magic.

And above all....

Though some of you have known it already, I wanna share it for those who haven't as yet.

This is something unbelievable...notepad knew abt 9/11 attack beforehand...check out yourself.

Flight number of one of the planes that crashed into the WTC: Q33N

Follow these steps

1. Open notepad
2. Type Q33N
3. Now go to format menu
4. Choose font
5. Change the font size, increase it say to 72
6. Now change the font to 'Windings'

See what it shows. Isn't it amazing?

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Re: Things which Microsoft can never exp

Magic #1
even u cant create any folder with name "aux ,PRN ..;)
If you want to know why this is not possible, the explanation is simple: CON is a reserved word in the Windows and the underlying DOS system. It has been like that for the last 25 years, and before that, in the the predecessor of MS-DOS, called CP/M.

"con" is a _old_ MS-DOS stuff!
So can create in DOS itself.

Start|Run|command.com/cmd.exe
mkdir C:con
mkdir \.C:con

copy C:junksol.exe C:con
dir C:con

rmdir /s C:con

Also works with other reserved device names: AUX/PRN/COMx/LPTx..etc

OR in other way you can name a Folder CON.
1- Press ALT and type 255 (ALT255)
2- than type in CON.

see i have done it lol ---> ######

......GOT IT...

for MAGIC #2 what i did ... save the file in diff encoding "no ANSI" see the below pic ;)

MAGIC #3
yeah it shows ""The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"
..... well foxes r brown,never know about that as they r mostly red,grey lol...

well
here i found , its used to test word documents, as filler text and also to test fonts.
The first number is the amount of lines, and the second the amount of times the sentence is printed per line.
The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" is a sentence that contains all 26 letters of the roman alphabet. As such, it's a convenient test phrase when testing things like fonts and markup.
It was programmed in there by Microsoft for test text. Its similar to a "macro".
In other word it's a special code, possibly for seeing how a font or typeface looks on screen.

Jus

Filhaal..

^^ for magic 2, save in default encoding i.e. ANSI

try the last one..thats too good

Jus

Filhaal..

Thnxx for showing curiosity...I hope u found it on your own without ny external help :P

prithvi.k

on off on off......

yeah the third one i have taken help.. not now way back as all these tips/things r very old ... but the second one i dont know "the notepad one",just now only i have done it,,,as i save translated files to in that format so decided y not try that trick here ;)
well updated the first one too..

Windows key + Pause/break = system information
Alt-255 = null character <--- this we use for that :)
Control-F4 = exits program
SHIFT+DELETE: Delete item permanently <-- this i daily use lol

windows key + e (hold for a few second) = <crash> ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ --- this i have not try.. try it and say what happens :d

and the last one its all because of that windings fonts nothing else... well nice share

Jus

Filhaal..

^ notice the resemblance b/w actual flight no of one of the planes that strcuk WTC and what that number shows in notepad...isn't that amazing? Had this been discovered b4 9/11...who knws? Such coincidences are very rare.

prithvi.k

on off on off......

yeah agree with u ....

well here some more,well quite old

Notepad Trick !

1> Open Notepad
2> Enter four words separated by spaces, wherein the first word has 4 letters, the next two have three letters, and the last word has five letters
3> DON'T hit enter at the end of the line.
4> Save the file.
5> Close Notepad.
6> Reopen Notepad.
7> Open the file you just saved.

log trick !! make ur Notepad a diary !!

Sometimes we want to insert current data and time, whenever we open the file in the notepad. If you are a lazy person like me, who don’t like to press F5 whenever you open a notepad. Then here is a trick to avoid this. Just add a .LOG in the first line of your text file and close it.
Whenever you open the file with that text in the first line in the notepad, it will insert the current date and time at the end of the file. You can start entering your text after that.

WHY?

The reason this happens:

In notepad, any other 4-3-3-5 letter word combo will have the same results.
It is all to do with a limitation in Windows. Text files containing Unicode UTF-16-encoded Unicode are supposed to start with a "Byte-Order Mark" (BOM), which is a two-byte flag that tells a reader how the following UTF-16 data is encoded.

1) You are saving to 8-bit Extended ASCII (Look at the Save As / Encoding format)
2) You are reading from 16-bit UNICODE (You guessed it, look at the Save As / Encoding format)
This is why the 18 8-bit characters are being displayed as 9 (obviously not supported by your codepage) 16-bit UNICODE characters

~ cheers ~

jims

Ohoo !!!! lolz..........U two were really coool dudes..........Thanks 4 sharing...