The 50 Best iPad Apps

DJMAC

$~____~$™
01468i26098400-1.jpg
Apple reinvented tablet computing with its groundbreaking iPad. Although some critics have knocked the device for being nothing more than a giant iPod touch, it has gone on to sell a whopping 4.1 million units in the last quarter alone. One of the secrets to its success may be the thousands of apps available within the Apps Store to satisfy the legions of business users and entertainment-seekers that use the iPad on a regular basis.
The sheer number of apps, unfortunately, can make it difficult for someone to find new software. Chew on this: Within the first seven days of the Apple iPad's release, over 3,000 apps appeared in the App Store—and that was in April. As a result, it may prove challenging to figure out which iPad apps are worth your time and hard-earned cash. So let us provide a helping hand.
View Slideshow See all (50) slides

01468i28027500-1.jpg

01468i28027600-1.jpg

01468i28027700-1.jpg

01468i28027800-1.jpg

More

In compiling this list of the 50 best iPad apps, we focused on the ones that aren't just larger versions of iPhone apps, but deliver unique and compelling tablet-based experiences all their own. And to make finding apps even easier, we've broken them down by category: Social networking, Business, Communication, Games, Entertainment, Creativity, and News and Information.
It should be noted that iPad apps tend to run higher in price than their iPhone counterparts. Still, many of the iPad apps listed here are free, or cost less than $10. That's expensive by iPhone standards where .99 cents rules the roost, but chump change compared to desktop software—and there isn't a dud in the bunch. Install them all, and you'll be well on the way to an excellent tablet computer experience. You can either navigate our list via the 50 Best iPad Apps slideshow above or via the pages that follow.