Some Interesting Computer Facts ..!!!
(1). An Amd 1400 chip running without a heatsink gets as hot as 370 degrees.
(2). Seagate introduced the first hdd for pcs in 1979.It held 5 M.B of data.
(3). If u opened up the case of the original Macintosh, u will find 47 signatures
one for each member of Apple's Macintosh divison as of 1982.
(4). The first computer company to register for a domain name was digital
(5). Did u know Apple & Sun came very close to a merger in 1996.
(6). The technology contained in a single game boy unit in 2000 exceeds all
the computing power that was used to put the first man on moon in 1969.
(7). Hewlett Packard was started at a garage in Palo Alto in 1939.
(8).Tetris has sold over 40 million copies worldwide, since it began in 1982.That provided the creator 800 million in revenues.
(9).The superflop (LOL!) sega dreamcast, released in 1999, was the first console game machine to sport a 128 Bit architecture.
(10).The most expensive game ever developed was "ShenMue" for sega dreamcast.It costs $20 million.
(11).The QWERTY keyboard layout is 129 years old.
(12).South korea's SK telecom offers an inaudible ring tone to its customers which, it claims, can repel mosquitoes.
(13).In 1971, the first speech recognition software named, "Hearsay" was developed in India.
(14).Macquariums are aquariams made from old macintosh computers.
Re: Some Interesting Computer Facts ..!!
1).The servers r in denmark.The software is from Estonia.The domain is registered in Australia & the corporation is in south pacific island.Ths Kazaa the p2p software.
2).Bill gates & Paul Allen started a company called Traf-O-Data to monitor traffic flow.
3).The four largest software makers in the world are:-
(d) Computer Associates.
(4)Top Ten Supercomputers of Today:-
Arranged according to the speed:-
1. Bluegene/L DD2 Beta-system(IBM).
2. Columbia (NASA).
3. Earth Simulator (NEC).
4. MareNostrum(Barcelona Supercomputer Center).
5. Thunder (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory).
6. ASCI Q(Los Alamos National Laboratory).
7. System X(Virgina Tech).
8. Blugene/L DD1 Prototype(IBM).
9. eServer pSeries 655 cluster(Naval Oceanographic Office).
10. Tungsten(National Center For Supercomputing Applications).
5). According to university of california 1,693,000 terabytes of information are
produced & stored magnetically per year.
6).Hard drives in the near future are expected to have a track density of
about 100,000 tracks/inch.This means that tracks are spaced 10 millionths
of an inch apart.
7).One terabyte(1000 gigabytes) is equivalent to storing a stack of
documents that is more than 16 times the height of New York's empire
Re: Some Interesting Computer Facts ..!!
1. The 4004 was the first microprocessor of intel.
2. The nVidia GeForce 6800 ultra has 222 million transistors which is the
record for the max. no. transistors on a chip.
3. James Gosling created java at sun microsystems.He came up with the
name Java while debating over it at a coffee shop.
4. The first ISP was Compuserve, established in 1969 which is now under
5. The Palm O.S fits in less than 100 K,which is less than one percent the size
of Windows 98 or Mac O.S.
6. What does 50 G.B of storage really mean?It means we can stack 3 piles of
single spaced type written pages taller than the Eiffel tower and data to
support this information is about 50 gigabytes.
7. The code name for the 12 engineers who designed the IBM pc was :-
'The dirty dozen'.
8. When the cd was invented, it was decided that a cd should be long
enough to hold beethoven's Ninth Symphony at any tempo which was
precisely 72 minutes.
9. 128 bit SSL encryption is so strong that it would take much , much longer than the age of universe to crack a message encrypted using it.Even 20 years from now, if computers are a million times faster. it would still take longer than the age of the universe to crack it.
10. Bill Gates math SAT score was a perfect 800.
11. Bill Gates home was designed using a Mac!
12.Disk drive recording head fly height (gap between the head and disc when the drive is spinning ) is less than 1 microinch while:-
A red blood cell is 300 microinches is diameter.
A particle of tobacco smoke is 250 microinches.
A particle of smog is 100 microinches.
A human hair is 4000 microinches.
13. When Windows 3.1 was launched, 3 million copies were sold in the first two
14. Windows 95 can run on 386DX at 20 Megahertz, with just 4 M.B of RAM.
15. David Bradley wrote the code for [Ctr]+[Alt]+[Delete] key sequence.