Save the Wave, group fights to keep Google Wave alive

chief

Prime VIP
A new site popped up that wishes to "Save Google Wave!" They are suggesting to anyone who thinks Google Wave should be given a second chance to give them a "Thumbs Up" or retweet their message. As of this post, they have 29,114 supporters. The vast number of uses for Wave is astounding; people use it from working on projects to simple classroom instruction.

According to the comments, the community of Wave was composed of teachers, students, software developers, writers, and more. Google Wave changed how these people communicated and its users just wish it stays open for everyone else to have a chance to try out the new technology. Some thoughts people had on the subject, taken from Save The Wave:

"I am a Theoretical Physicist and I use google wave for collaborating with my colleagues who are in different places around the world. Google wave has to be saved ... it is such a brilliant tool ... unfortunately, badly advertised (not at all ...). A lot of people would quickly realize its potential and the way it can really change collaborative working in a positive way."

"I am a teacher in an online school (Home Page | Truth Bible Institute | rightly dividing the word of truth) and use wave as part of my class for discussion (led by my questions). The students discussions in wave is 40% of their grade. If wave shuts down, I will have to find some other online program that does what wave does (don't know of one right now)."

A good number of the supporters claim that the reason why Google Wave never took off was due to lack of advertising, which may be why many had never heard of the product. They also claim that if more people knew about it, they would find out how useful it was and would desire to use Wave over other technologies. To get their message out they have chosen the social network Twitter to broadcast their message. It is clear that Google Wave has changed the lives of many, and they won't go down without a fight.

___

https://www.unp.me/f140/google-is-waving-goodbye-to-google-wave-97697/