Samsung shows off the smooth curvature of the Galaxy Tab

nvkhkhr

Prime VIP

Samsung has officially kickstarted a teaser campaign for its upcoming slate called the Galaxy Tab. A new trailer the company released Wednesday on YouTube is a pretty good indication of things to come. Rather than offer an in-depth overview of the Tab’s capabilities, the teaser video is a vague promise of its feature set that aims to put Apple’s iPad to shame, at least on paper.
In this video, Samsung used some pretty powerful words from the technology vocabulary, the impressive-sounding stuff like augmented reality, video calling, and portable seven-inch screen – which is a nice way of saying that the device has a seven-inch display. This is combined with talk of Android 2.2 and full web browsing capabilities. The video closes with a reminder of the official announcement at a September 2 conference in Berlin, Germany.
The company has also set up a new website at galaxytab.samsungmobile.com where more images, a features description, and general information will be posted as it becomes available.
If you ask me, the Galaxy Tab looks like a very desirable object. I have no doubt in my mind that its round lines, sleek profile, and smooth appearance will turn heads. The device will also feature e-reading capabilities, HD video playback, and AMOLED display technology that saves power while delivering vivid colors.
But hold your horses, because additional details, leaked specs, and a short spy video all seem to be pointing to a less stellar slate that falls in line with the current crop of high-end Android-powered tablets rather than outdo them. A pretty good example of this is its display running at a measly 800×480 pixel resolution (versus iPad’s 1024×768 pixels), due to Android 2.2’s limitation