Protect External Hard Disk Drives With Passwords
Steps To Secure Your External Hard Drive With BitLocker:
Steps To Password Protect Your External Drive With StorageCrypt
- First of all connect your external hard drive to your Windows Pc and turn it on.
- Now click on Start button and then navigate to Control Panel -> Security -> Bitlocker.
- Open the program and then click on Turn On BitLocker which you get just next to your external hard drive.
- Now there tick on “Use a Password to Unlock the Drive” option there and the enter a same password in both fields and then click on “Next“.
- Now time to save your key somewhere for that click on “Save the Recovery Key to a File,” and then select any location where you want to save your key for future reference.
- Now click on save option and the proceed by clicking on next button.
- Now click on Start Encryption option and wait for the process to complete and it can take a time to complete depending upon drive size.
- Thats it you are done, now you drive will always a require a password to access files inside it.
- First of all in your windows PC download and install the tool StorageCrypt.
- Now launch the tool and then connect your drive with PC.
- Now in the tool select your device to encrypt with password.
- Now select quick mode and then protect your drive with your desired password.
- Now start the tool and encryption process will start and your drive will now get secure with your set password.