presentationfontcache.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravan

*****AKA-JATT*****
Whenever i turn on my computer (XP) the process called presentationfontcache.exe goes to 100% cpu use. and after i close it (force quit) it comes up again, and again goes to 100%, and after that it does not comes back.

According to avast and avg i do not have any virus or rootkits.

also checked in services but couldnt find it.,

any help! (it is just annoying, thats why i try not to use xp, but i have to for school work.)

amanwadhwa

Prime VIP
presentationfontcache.exe is a Windows Presentation Foundation Service from Microsoft Corporation belonging to .NET Framework 3.0. This is the graphical subsystem of the .NET Framework 3.0, an essential component of Windows Vista.
PresentationFontCache.exe is located in a subfolder of C:\Windows. The file size on Windows XP is 36864 bytes.
The program is not visible. The file is a trustworthy file from Microsoft. PresentationFontCache.exe is not a Windows core file. You can uninstall this program in the control panel. Therefore the technical security rating is 6% dangerous.

Ravan

*****AKA-JATT*****
presentationfontcache.exe is a Windows Presentation Foundation Service from Microsoft Corporation belonging to .NET Framework 3.0. This is the graphical subsystem of the .NET Framework 3.0, an essential component of Windows Vista.
PresentationFontCache.exe is located in a subfolder of C:\Windows. The file size on Windows XP is 36864 bytes.
The program is not visible. The file is a trustworthy file from Microsoft. PresentationFontCache.exe is not a Windows core file. You can uninstall this program in the control panel. Therefore the technical security rating is 6% dangerous.

nice copy paste info...:nerd
but what do i uninstall ?

amanwadhwa

Prime VIP
i got upto 3.5 and i need it to run vb

i think you use vb.net. uninstall .net framework and reinstall it your framework is corrupted.it's a small software.you will get it on microsoft website or if you have cd you can install from cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.