Intel’s 2011 leaked roadmap unveils 19 new processors

nvkhkhr

Prime VIP
ntel’s Sandy Bridge processor and SSD roadmaps for 2011 have been leaked giving us a clear view of what to expect from the chip giant next year. In total there are 19 new processors to look forward to for both desktop and laptop users. The chart below shows the full line-up:

As you can see, there is a new range of 3.4GHz/2.8GHz Quad Core i7s with a 3.8GHz Turbo and 95W/65W TDP. Compare that to the current top quad core chips which include the Core i7 960 at 3.2GHz and 130W TDP, or the very expensive Core i7 980X at 3.33GHz with the same 130W TDP.
Those looking for a low power dual core option will be treated to a i3, i5 and even a Core i7 option running at just 35W TDP.
The SSD updates are shown in the roadmap image below:

The good news is Intel will be updating both the X-25M and X25-E 2.5″ drive offerings. The performance X-25E will have capacities up to 400GB, while the mainstream X-25M will increase to 600GB drives and no doubt comes with a large premium for that extra storage. The X-25V, meant as a value boot drive or netbook solution, will have 80GB and 40GB models become available in the first quarter.
For the smaller X18-M, we are going to see a new 160GB and 300GB model introduced. Finally, there’s a new mSATA PCIe SSD being introduced under the code name Soda Creek with 40GB and 80GB options.