Intel Core i7 2920XM Fastest Mobile Processor

Intel has plans to release a new Core i& Mobile CPU based on its new Sandy Bridge lineup, The Core i7 2920XM which will remain Intel’s fastest Mobile Processor till Q4 2011.

According to news and rumor site Fudzilla, the likelihood of that happening isn’t very high. Fudzilla says Intel plans to stick with the 2920XM as its fastest mobile part until at least the fourth quarter of 2011, and possibly into 2012.

The notebook chip will feature a clock speed of 2.5Ghz which can turbo upto 3.5Ghz while the 650Mhz IGP Core also allows for turbo boost upto 1300mhz.

The chip is a Quad core with eight threads along with 8Mb of L3 Cache.

The Processor will make its way to the 17? Gaming notebooks which can benefit alot from the 4 cores and 8 threads of the mobile beast. However, TDP of 55w is a pretty bad things as far as the temps and battery times are concerned.
The chip is set to be released within upcoming months however a certain replacement with the upcoming Ivy Bridge platform is highly likely.

The price of this CPU remains unchanged at $1096 apiece, at least until something faster comes out.