Intel Core i5 and i7 MacBook Pros now available

nvkhkhr

Prime VIP

They’ve certainly been a long time coming (supposedly due an industry-wide Arrendale CPU shortage), but Core i5 and Core i7 MacBook Pros have finally made their way to the Apple Store… along with a couple refreshed 13-inch MacBook Pros.
The new 13-inchers are respectable non-Arrendale updates, packing Core 2 Duo processors running at 2.4 and 2.66GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics and up to 10 hours of battery life starting at $1,199.00.
It’s the Core iX MacBook Pros that everyone’s been waiting for, though. The lowest end MacBook Pro packs a 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 CPU, 4GB of memory, a 320GB hard drive, and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M GPU with 256MB of RAM… a significant update on the previous model, which didn’t have discrete graphics. It starts at $1,799.00.
The 2.5GHz Core i5, on the other hand, costs $200 more and increases the CPU to 2.53GHz and the hard drive to 500GBs. Go up to $2199.00 and you get a 2.66GHz Intel Core i7 CPU and double the GPU RAM.
Finally, the 17-incher: an Intel Core i5 CPU running a clock speed of 2.53GHz, 4GB of RAM, a 500GB hard drive, an ExpressCard/34 slot and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics with 512MB of RAM for $2,299.
Oh, and all MacBook Pros now have an SD card slot. Also, all the non-13-inch models got NVIDIA’s Optimus technology which will allow dynamic OS switching between integrated and discrete GPUs for optimal battery life. Score!
Overall, the cheapest 15-inch MacBook Pro got $100 more expensive, but every other higher-configuration model got cheaper.
All new MacBook Pros are available now over at the Apple online store.