Install Android 4.3 on your Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
Install Android 4.3 on your Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), ported from Google Play Edition (GT-I9505G)
We have obtained the first Android 4.3 test build firmware for the Google Play Edition Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505G). We wanted to test out Android 4.3 but didnít had the Google variant of the Galaxy S4 with us, so we ported it to our standard Snapdragon-powered Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) and got some outstanding results.
Android 4.3 port from the Google Play Edition Galaxy S4 is fully functional on the standard Snapdragon-powered Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), there is not even a single thing which isnít working. We havenít made any changes to the port, so itís 100% original with zero changes.
- This is not flashable through Odin.
- This will void your warranty.
- Donít attempt this if you donít have the skills to flash a custom ROM
- You are doing this on your own risk
Android version: 4.3
Build ID: JWR66N
Build Date: 26 June 2013
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
- Custom Recovery
- Copy Google Play Edition ROM to your internal SD Card
- Enter Recovery (Power + Volume Up + Home)
- Do a Wipe/Factory Reset (Necessary due to new Android version)
- Flash Google Play Edition ROM
- Reboot your device!
Download: (Choose either one)
Google hasnít made Android 4.3 public yet, but itís good to know that OEMs already have access to the source code. Early access will result in quick software updates and less Android fragmentation. Keep in mind, Android 4.3 is still in development phases and does not have all the features which are yet to be implemented.