28zIfHTpng-1.jpg

click on advance tab
and then click on change
this screen
pFCxwQ3png-1.jpg

change it to more than recommended

userid139949

Tom & Jerry
Thanks for sharing this visual guide about increasing the Windows System Virtual Memory but my sage advice would be, don't be fooled by this biggest myth of all time... :hassa

userid139949

Tom & Jerry
@[Thank You] : Sir, I appreciate your efforts but still I'll stick with my own benchmarked approach. :d

You might be aware, Virtual Memory uses disk cache which in general is a known fact that its comparatively slower than any other memory be it RAM or CPU DMI cache. Whenever disk usage goes up it brings down the system performance hence the sluggishness. For substantiation, you may check the disk usage in CPTM. :)

Tuhada jugaad snake oil aa, even MSFT debunks this myth. ;)

Nowadays, OS's are very much optimized and offers a stellar performance as per the installed hardware. Gone are the days of Win 98, 2000 when it was a big PITA to work around such hoops & somehow these kind of tricks used to do great wonders. :d

With New Release of Windows 10 major update, which is slated to be released in next month, there's a new Memory compression algorithm which automatically compresses the files cache to RAM and offloads all other unwanted processes, from RAM. This is something which can be a truly remarkable feat in terms of performance gain. Only time will tell how this thing works and rakes up against real time tasks. :)

for me, yours workaround is still a FUD, snake oil trick without any performance gain. :p

For a better understanding, try any real benchmark test utility or a mere synthetic test and you'll get to know what my hypothesis is all about. :)

kit walker

VIP
Staff member
@RS only os to use memory optimization is Mac osX. They have implemented the algorithm efficiently from snow leopard onwards. Apple has understanding of need of RAM for os and applications. The thing you told above is being implemented in windows 10. Most of users are still in age of windows xp or windows seven.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk