HTC One X faces Wi-Fi issues due to improper gripping

.::BaD~MiStEr::.

Rampuriya !!
When Apple announced the iPhone 4, a lot of users began taking to the forums voicing their concerns about their handsets losing signal. Later on Steve Jobs addressed this issue by stating that it was an antenna issue and one would need to grip the handset in a certain way. The case of the death grip appears to have struck again, this time targeting the quad-core smartphone, the HTC One X.

Take my money!

As per a report by Reghardware states, “HTC's quad-core powerhouse, the One X, is said to have been struck with its own grip-of-death problem. Users report experiencing difficulty connecting to Wi-Fi networks and annoying lag when playing games. The issues, which can also negatively affect the handset's battery life, may relate to a flaw in manufacturing. Affected users reporting an improvement in signal when the One X is squeezed in a particular way.”

In a related post regarding this issue with the loss of signal on the HTC One X, a member of XDA has detailed how to check if one’s handset is affected. To check this issue, the member states, “Gently squeeze the side back of your phone, between the camera lens and the volume buttons. If your WiFi signal strength improves only to drop back down when you stop squeezing, then you have this seemingly common fault.” The member also lists a set of points as what one can do to this fix this issue and also how one can fix it themselves. Click the link here, if you’re facing this issue.

HTC has conceded that this issue with the One X is present and a member of XDA who works for the brand states, “I work for HTC (see my profile). If you're experiencing this, kindly please PM me so we can analyze it. Our engineering teams in Taiwan have looked into it and have been unable to replicate it or determine a root cause, so your help would be appreciated.” To send a personal message to the HTC employee, check the post here.

Here is a quick look at the features of the HTC One X -
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with HTC Sense 4.0 UI
1.5 GHz quad-core processor
4.7-inch display with a resolution of 1280 x 720
8MP camera with AF, LED flash, BSI sensor and 1080p HD video recording
F2.0 aperture and 28mm lens
1.3MP front camera with a resolution of 720p for video chat
32GB Internal memory
1GB RAM
Beats Audio
NFC, Wi-Fi, DLNA, micro-USB 2.0, HDMI
1800 mAh battery