Rapidshare.com :: Frequently Asked Questions

######

• ***General Warning about Phishing/Scams***
    If you see topics/sites/emails stating anything like the following:

48 hour rapidshare account generator
    Rapidshare account extender
    Free rapidshare accounts
    Free premium points

Ignore them and report them to the appropriate people be that WBB Staff, rapidshare...

There are NO ways to extend or get a premium account for FREE, the circumstances of using these phishing sites will result in your account being basically hacked, a good example to easily know that the site is a phishing site is the URL, it will be something like this (rapidshare-extender-life-time.hosting324.be)
    as it says on rapidshare:

NEVER under ANY circumstances enter your login information into any other websites other than rapidshare.com.

When logging into your rapidshare premium account make sure the URL is:

######

also for extra security check at the bottom of the page for this security certificat

######

if it shows anything different you are on a fake site.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep getting this when I try and download a file
"FORBIDDEN TO BE SHARED"

######

This means that the file has been deleted from rapidshare due to someone reporting the file as "illegal" so you can not download the file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a slow upload/download speed what can I do?

Rapidshare's networks are far from being full. Especially the upload servers. If you have a slow upload/download speed, try choosing a different network-path for uploading/downloading your files. You can choose from 5 different upload network-paths and 11 download network-paths.

######

If all paths are slow, the only thing you can do is to call your ISP and complain, or try later on normally the morning is the best time for good speeds, But it can depend on your location and time zone.

What are Premium-Points?

######

If you upload files to your Premium-Zone/Collectors account, and share your download links you will get points for each download of your files. (There are some restrictions, such as you can only get points from FREE users and there is a limit of 5 points per hour from each user & files must be bigger then 1mb.)
You can convert your collected points to create a premium account or extend your premium account. (10,000 Points Needed)

Can I use download-accelerators?

Only Premium users can use download-accelerators.

Can I resume broken downloads?

Yes, but only if you own a Premium-account. With a Premium-account, your requests are sent through more complex server-routines, which also support download-accelerators. Those programs support resume of broken files and even segmented downloads. This means, you can download the same file with many streams, resulting in higher download-speed.

How much may I download as a free user?

Depends of the file size, the smaller the last file downloaded the less time you have to wait normally around 1 hour per file.

Is it ok to upload warez?

######

Yes, as you can see nearly all warez is hosted on rapidshare, but if it gets reported it will get deleted, nothing will happen to you. i.e. you wont get reported.

I uploaded a file and now its been deleted, but I cant re-upload it?

######
or
######

This means what it says lol, just wait a few hours and you will be able to download the file.

Can I transfer Premium-Points to another account?

Nope you can't.

Storage XXL???

If your your premium account stores more than 20 GB of files! Files not being downloaded for more than 90 days will then automatically be deleted!

Can I share my rapidshare account with a friend?

As it states rapidshares F.A.Q and Terms they do not allow account sharing and any accounts found to be used by more then 1 person will result in it being terminated, so its up to you.

Please don't post questions here asking for help this is a F.A.Q topic if the answer to your question is not here then please make your own topic. Thank you.

Some important info-
Rapidshare Support:

support@rapidshare.com
Or Phone
+41 41 748 78 80
8am - 5pm Monday - Friday CET

:w:w:so