Desi Adda: Games of India
Desi Adda: Games of India on PSP and PS2
Six traditional games of India in three different languages on PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable.
Desi Adda: Games of India brings the traditional games of the country directly to you, within. It is the first game for PSP and PS2 which has been completely developed by an Indian game development studio and is also the first console game that can be played in three Indian languages, Hindi, Punjabi and Tamil as well as English.
The game features six traditional Indian games including:
• Pachisi – Pachisi is a turn based board game played using the cross shaped board and two rectangular dice. It’s a game of change and strategy. Pachisi game played between the Pandavas and Kauravas is the significant event in the great epic of Mahabharata
• Aadu Puli Aatam (Goat & the Tiger) – This is a hunt game and game between the extravagant Tigers and the deceitful goats. The general aim is to hem in the tigers so that they cannot move, but the arrangement of pieces, the method of play and the rules of capture vary from game to game.
• Kite fight – the aim is cut your opponents kite using kites made with specially made threads, coated with fine powdered glass.
• Kabaddi – is a tag-based game between two teams of 7 players. Scoring is done by touching or capturing the players of the opponent team
• Gilli Danda is a game like cricket or baseball but without a ball and with a different set of rules. The ball is replaced by a small stick called Gilli. The Danda is a long cylindrical stick used like a bat. Player can enjoy batting the Gilli or fielding among the free cattle.
• Dance game is a beat matching game, in which the user has to match the beats of a song playing in the background, by pressing a combination of buttons at the right time as they scroll on the bottom of the screen. The aim is to try and successfully press the right combination of buttons at the right time in order to win the game.
Developed for both: PS2™ and PSP™, ‘Desi Adda: Games of India’ will be available in the Indian market at a suggested retail price of Rs. 499/- for PS2 and Rs. 999/- for the PSP.